Sinus lift surgery is the procedure that increases the amount of bone in the maxillary sinus area.
After the surgery, you must adhere to the following:
- Try not to sneeze or blow your nose, do not open your mouth wide, do not puff out your cheeks (including blowing up balloons), as an increase in pressure in your sinus can lead to complications;
- Do not smoke, drink alcohol, or eat irritating foods (spicy or hot), especially during the first 14 days after the surgery;
- Avoid intense physical exercise, including sports, gym, etc.;
- Avoid extreme temperature drops (banyas, steam baths, saunas or any places that may lead to hypothermia) for 14 days;
- Air travel must also be ruled out throughout the first month after the surgery, because pressure differences may lead to bone tissue rejection.
After the surgery, it is recommended that you apply cold to the treated area (ice wrapped in a towel) for 15 minutes during the first 2-3 hours.
Please, note! Strict adherence to the doctor’s recommendations leads to a speedy recovery and the desired result. For successful recovery, it is important to follow the recommendations given to you by your doctor.