Mon – Fri 09:00 – 18:00
Sat 09:00 – 18:00
Pirita tee 20a-2, Tallinn,
Root canals treatment under a microscope
To save a tooth from irreversible destruction is the main goal of the endodontic treatment! Do you feel discomfort when chewing food or is your tooth sensible to hot and cold food? Visit a highly qualified endodontist at the Meerhof Dental Center in Tallinn.
Timely diagnostic assessment and treatment of tooth canals under a microscope ensures the maximum restoration of your tooth’s health and its preservation. We deal with complicated cases, including those requiring re-treatment of root canals after unsuccessful therapy.
What is endodontic treatment in dentistry
This is the science about the structure, diseases, methods of treatment of root canals and the tooth cavity, including the tooth pulp and dentin. As a rule, the main difficulty that arises in course of a therapy is identifying the number and location of root canals in a tooth. For this purpose, modern dentistry uses optical equipment – a microscope- which provides a better view of the oral cavity and access to hard-to-reach places at the micro level.
A microscope and a CBCT / СT (Cone Beam Computerized Tomography) make complex manipulations much easier, including the following:
- Finding the exact number and position of all root canals, inflammation points.
- Eliminating the infection inside the tooth root system. For this purpose, the dentist removes infected areas of dentin and/or tooth pulp.
- Giving the necessary shape to the canals for subsequent filling of the teeth.
- Improving drug access to the inflammation site.
- Good-quality filling of the root canals with filling material.
- Predicting the results.
Dental treatment under a microscope helps to ensure high-quality removal of the tooth root pulp. Even in cases of infection spread, advanced dental caries we can keep your tooth safe.
leading endodontist of the center – doctor Vladimir Volkov
Indications for endodontic treatment
- Irreversible pulpitis.
- Apical periodontitis.
- Traumatic injury.
- Pre-treatment before aesthetic restoration (veneers, aligners).
See the “Prices” section for the cost of root canal treatment under a microscope.
If you have a toothache, discomfort, hypersensitivity to the drinks and food temperature, do not postpone your visit to the dentist. Take good care of your health!
At an appointment with an endodontist
Treatment of tooth canals under a microscope proceeds in several stages:
- High-quality anesthesia.
- Searching for an entrance to each of the root canals.
- Diagnostics of the anatomical features of root canals (narrowing, bifurcation, fusion, etc.).
- Expanding the canal: this manipulation allows to rinse well the entire inner space of the tooth root and deliver the drug to the area of
- Rinsing (irrigation) of the root canal.
- Airtight filling of tooth canals.
The entire procedure takes place under local anesthesia in a comfortable ergonomic chair. The patient feels comfortable physically and psychologically. After the procedure completion, the patient receives instructions on the oral cavity care during the recovery period.
With doctors and assistants of Meerhof Dental Center
you will forget about the dental anxiety (dental phobia)!
Book an appointment
We will respond as soon as possible generally within a few minutes.
If you do not hear from us within 1 hour, kindly give us a call at +372 5197 7888 as your message did not get to us. Thank you for your understanding.
We love what we do
In our cases you can see not just smiling patients of the Dental Center. You see people who trusted the solution of their dental problems to experienced professionals. A dazzling smile is a pleasant reward.