Airflow® Prophylaxis Master Dental Hygiene
Airflow® Prophylaxis Master – Professional teeth cleaning, or oral hygiene is the cornerstone of dental health. It is a hygienic, preventive and therapeutic procedure. Due to timely examination, professional cleaning of teeth and interdental space, it is possible to prevent the development of diseases or detect them at early stages.
At the Meerhof Dental Center, the procedure is carried out using the equipment of the latest generation: Airflow® Prophylaxis Master.
Visit to the hygienist
The procedure of hygienic cleaning of teeth is usually painless and done without local anesthesia. We use the latest equipment – Airflow® Prophylaxis Master with various tips to achieve the best result. This improved technology for supplying air, water, cleaning powder, or polishing gel has made the procedure more controlled and qualitative in terms of the result.
Professional dental hygiene involves 4 stages:
The hygienist performs an examination of the oral cavity. With the help of a special gel, he determines the presence of plaque, tartar, problem areas. Prepares the lips and mouth for further procedures.
- Teeth cleaning with the Airflow® Max tip
Next, the specialist proceeds to remove non-mineralized plaque and eliminate age spots on the enamel using the Airflow® Max nozzle, which uses a cleaning powder (sodium bicarbonate).
- Teeth cleaning with Piezon® ultrasound
Then piezoceramic ultrasonic technology Piezon® is applied. A special nozzle of the ultrasound scaler destroys the residual supra-gingival and subgingival tartar with high-frequency ultrasound vibrations, even in hard-to-reach places. At the same time, the procedure is comfortable and safe for gums and tooth enamel.
- Perioflow® teeth polishing
The final stage of professional dental hygiene is polishing teeth with a Perioflow® nozzle. The roughness of the enamel in the places of tartar removal is eliminated, the entire dentition is given shine and the smoothness.
The result of professional teeth cleaning
- A pleasant feeling of freshness and cleanliness in the mouth.
- Prevention of inflammatory processes caused by bacteria (periodontitis).
- Increase the long-term durability of prostheses and implants.
We draw your attention!
During the procedure, the hygienist carefully examines the oral cavity to identify signs of possible diseases. An additional benefit of hygienic tooth cleaning is the early diagnosis of caries, gingivitis, and other pathologies.
If necessary, we will refer you for a consultation with the specialist in therapy, endodontics, periodontics, surgery, orthopedics. Having a clear understanding of the condition of your teeth and gums, you will be able to assess the need for further treatment objectively.
How often to do Airflow teeth cleaning (indications and contraindications)
There are no contraindications to professional oral hygiene. On the contrary, this is the most recommended procedure by dental associations. We recommend visiting a hygienist at least every 6 months.
Professional teeth cleaning at Meerhof Dental Center
- Taking care of dental health. Especially for those who have extensive plaque, which is difficult to remove at home (for example, due to crowding of teeth or orthodontic braces).
- Excellent preparatory procedure prior to orthodontic treatment, before the installation of prostheses or implants. Cleaning allows you to prepare your teeth qualitatively for further stages of treatment.
- The ability to regularly monitor the health of your teeth and installed dental constructions.
- Maintaining the warranty on all our works and constructions. The service of “Professional teeth cleaning” is a must for keeping the guarantee after treatment for 2 years.
Take care of your teeth in a timely!