Joyful emotions and self-confidence are easily conveyed through a smile, and it’s even more pleasant if the teeth are white. Looking for information about teeth whitening? Read this article and visit Meerhof Dental Center! Aesthetic dentistry is one of the favorites at our Center. And we are pleased to offer you a highly qualified enamel brightening service.
Teeth Whitening at Meerhof Dental Center
The procedure is performed by a hygienist as it requires special skills to maintain the health of the enamel and to work with the equipment. Whitening is done only on actual teeth. Veneers, implants, crowns, fillings have a different structure and do not get affected by the gel.
Why do professional teeth whitening?
Usually, patients want to whiten the teeth to feel confident when smiling. But there are also clinical indications for enamel brightening:
- Enamel darkening due to frequent smoking, drinking, and eating foods with strong dyes.
- Unevenness of color, stains, thinning of the enamel with age.
- Tooth staining, after illness or mechanical injury.
- Genetic predisposition.
With professional teeth whitening, you can brighten your enamel up to 8 shades in 1 visit to a hygienist. Depending on the initial state of enamel, the predisposition, and the eating habits, this effect can last for about 1 year.
Zoom! Philips WhiteSpeed
Technology (Zoom 4)
Modern aesthetic dentistry has made it possible to make the procedure of enamel whitening more efficient, long-term, and, most importantly, comfortable for the patient. At Meerhof Dental Center, we use advanced technology for it, the Dutch 4th Generation Zoom! Philips WhiteSpeed.
The main advantage of teeth whitening with the latest generation of Zoom! Philips WhiteSpeed:
- LED light source. Thanks to the cold light, the teeth do not get hot, the photo-whitening process is minimally sensitive for the patient, and the effect is long-lasting. The period of hypersensitivity has been decreased from several days to 10 – 12 hours.
- 3 intensity modes. The hygienist adjusts the modes, which lets to smoothly increase the intensity of the lamp’s effect on whitening gel. Thanks to this, the patient is as convenient as possible during the procedure.
- The complete sets. We use only the “original” set of attachments and materials, which ensures the result declared by the manufacturer, and it is also easier for a specialist to control the process.
How is Zoom 4 teeth whitening done?
It is important for us not only to let the patients go with a snow-white smile but to also make the procedure as healthy as possible for them.
Therefore, first of all, is preparation!
14 days of remineralization
Enamel cleaning and whitening (2 hours):
- During an appointment, the condition of teeth and oral cavity is diagnosed.
- A clinical photo protocol is made, the existing color of the enamel is determined.
- We make professional dental hygiene using the Air Flow method: plaque and stones are removed.
- The hygienist covers gums with a special gel that protects the soft tissues from the effects of LED lamp. The lips and cheeks get protected as well.
- Whitening itself lasts 1.5 hours and consists of 3 sets of 15 minutes each; application of the whitening gel and activation of the Zoom! Philips WhiteSpeed LED lamp.
- At the end of the procedure, the specialist makes a new photo protocol and compares the result together with the patient.
After the teeth whitening
Despite the fact that the procedure for brightening enamel with Zoom 4 is as gentle as possible, teeth will need time to heal. The teeth sensitivity, if all recommendations are followed, shall disappear within 10 – 12 hours.
In order to maintain the whitening effect longer, it is necessary to adhere to certain hygiene recommendations and rules about food. Here we have compiled the recommendations.
Teeth whitening done at home
We do not recommend whitening teeth yourself because:
- To begin with, you need to diagnose your dental health.
- It’s necessary to correctly choose the material with which you want to brighten the enamel with. It can only be done by a specialist.
- It’s important to apply gel correctly so that the whitening is even and does not cause harm and provoke sensitivity of the enamel and gums.
- Ask your Meerhof Dental Center hygienist about everything during your appointment.
- We allow teeth whitening at home if done under the supervision of a hygienist.
Meerhof Dental Center patient reviews
Would you like to visit our hygienist?
Fill out the form and we will call you back!
We will respond as soon as possible generally within a few minutes.
If you do not hear from us within 1 hour, kindly give us a call at +372 5197 7888 as your message did not get to us. Thank you for your understanding.
We love what we do
In our cases you can see not just smiling patients of the Dental Center. You see people who trusted the solution of their dental problems to experienced professionals. A dazzling smile is a pleasant reward.
Implantation. Comprehensive rehabilitation
Implantation. Comprehensive rehabilitation
Veneers. Aesthetic Dentistry
Bright, active, feminine and self-confident. Our patient fulfilled her desire. It’s nice to be part of a dream and create a charming smile that makes her life brighter!